So you've heard of the all new BBM 7 and you want to know its features before you upgrade.
This only works on devices running OS 6 and above. So in case you have something like a Cruve 8520, Im sorry, it wont upgrade to BBM7 yet.
TAKE A FULL BACKUP IN YOUR COMPUTER INSTALLING!
OTA method (Direct download)
- Just go to http://www.blackberry.com/BBM from your phone's browser and follow the steps
OTA method (App World)
Blackberry Messenger should appear in the 'Upgrades' category.
- Open Blackberry App World from your phone
- Go to My World
- Options -> Refresh List
Desktop method (From your computer)
Allow it to sync and progress bar to do its thing.
- Go to http://www.blackberry.com
- Click the BBM tab
- Hit Download BBM
- Towards your right under 'Item Information' it should show you version 22.214.171.124
- Click 'Download'
- Sign in to your Blackberry ID.
- Connect your Blackberry to your PC.
- Click Continue Browsing
Wifi Fix (Thanks to Thanweer)
If you've got the error that says "Cannot establish connection" on your BBM 7 even though you're connected to wifi, can browse and the rest of the apps are working - here's what you need to do.
- Go to your 'Set up Wifi' on your phone where you see a list of available networks.
- Click 'Saved Wifi Networks'
- Select the one you're currently connected to and hit Edit
- Untick 'Automatically obtain IP address and DNS'
- In your computer - Go to Start Menu, type cmd and hit Enter to run Command Prompt
- Type ipconfig and hit Enter.
- Under IPv4 you'll see your IP as something like 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.2xx.x - Type that as it is onto your phone and only replace the digits after the last dot. For example 192.168.1.XXX or 192.168.123.X with any random number/s.
Apple users -
- Apple Menu -> System Preferences
- Click on 'Network' icon under Internet
- From the 'Show' drop down menu select how you're connected to the internet
- Your details will be below.
BOTH WINDOWS/MAC - YOU'RE NOT DONE YET -
- Put the Subnet Mask as it is on the computer into your phone
- Put the primary DNS as 126.96.36.199
- Put the Default Gateway as it is in Command Prompt
- Hit Save & Connect
What basically happened was your region just changed from wherever you are.
The little red ! on your main BBM screen should now have disappeared.
Hit that green button on your friend's profile and enjoy BBM Voice!
Watch them in the demo here - Click to SUBSCRIBE !